Monday, September 13, 2010

365 days of marriage!!!

For our anniversary we partied like it was nineteen sixty NINE!!! Or 2010! I cant believe my wedding...my big day was a full year ago (ok so now its a year and one month)!! Cory and I have had a blast this past year! We have sure had our share of struggles but i truly think we've had it pretty easy!
Things I have learned this past year:
  • Check if the seat is down.... BEFORE you sit down in the weeeeee hours of the morning when you are half asleep! That's a rude awakening!!
And that's it!!! ha oh just kidding but this has been quite an adventure! I cant wait for the next 32093840129384 years!!

Aug 14th 2010 we played at Alpine days for the first part of the day! I love the feeling when a whole town gets together and celebrates where they live!!! We watched the parade, had awesome pulled pork sandwiches and walked around the cute vendors! I treated myself to a darling headband made by my friend Kyler! She is so talented and makes the greatest headbands! Then we relaxed at home and took a two hour nap while watching chicken run! We got up to SLC and attempted to check in to the INN ON THE HILL, (great little old fashion historical bed and breakfast on capital hill!) ATTEMPTED is the key word here, here's how it went down...

  • Walk in, I start snappin pictures right and left.
  • Cory walks back to the desk to check in
  • Rings the service bell
  • no answer
  • rings again a little harder this time because it says press hard..... no answer
  • rings one more time before coming to explore with me .....we think they are showing someone a room
  • I read a whole People magazine
  • Cory watch's TV
  • Cory calls the Inn....no answer
  • I ring the bell...thinking I have magical powers that with my swift touch it will work...no answer
Cory calls a second time.... LADY ANSWERS!!! It sounded like she just woke up, to our surprise she had! Cory, trying to keep her attention finally explains that we are trying to check-in (harder then it sounds apparently) She comes tripping up the stairs WASTED!!!! I could not stop laughing she was so funny! So after 30 mins we finally get to see our room!!! It was beautiful! Cory did a great job picking out the location and room (with some rather subtle hints from your truly)! We stayed in the Saltair room, queen sized heavenly bed, jetted HUGE tub, awesome view! That night we went to bucca di beppo (sp?) best part...we got a free brownie because it was our anniversary! We were on cloud nine! Its sad that something so simple could bring us so much joy!!! Seriously if you ever want to win my heart over....give me chocolate! After that we went and played on capital hill!I totally recommend the INN ON THE HILL.......even with the wasted lady! It just added to the experience!

Cory- Thank you so much for taking me out for a romantic night on the town! I have been so blessed to be married to you and i'm reminded of that every morning i wake up to you! I couldn't have asked for a more loving and caring husband! Thank you for your sweet spirit you bring to our home! I love you baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment